Before you get too excited about the book list I would like to mention that I'm going to write only Psychology Classics here. To master any subject you have to check out the roots. These books are extremely important for a Psychology major to study. These books would strengthen the way you think and analyze. Reading these books would also help you to distinguish between different theorists and ideas thus enabling you to come up with your unique ideas . Academically, you would be able to grasp concepts easily and would definitely be knowledgeable.
You can choose the books according to your area of interest in Psychology.
Remember one thing : Knowledge and hard work never goes to waste.
Here is our list :
- Psychopathology of everyday life by Sigmund Freud.
- Interpretation of dreams by Sigmund Freud.
- Psychology of Unconscious by Carl Gustav Jung.
- A theory of Human motivation by Abraham Maslow.
- Psychological types by Carl Gustav Jung.
- A way of being by Carl Rogers.
- Personality theories: critical perspectives by Albert Ellis.
- Client centered therapy: Its current implications, practice and theory by Carl Rogers.
- Superstition in the Pigeon by B.F Skinner.
- Concepts of trait and Personality by Gordon Allport.
- Psychology as Behaviorist views it by John.B.Watson.
- Counseling and Psychotherapy by Carl Rogers.
- The new Psychology by John Dewey.
- New methods fr the diagnosis of intellectual level of sub-normals by Alfred Binet.
- Laws of organization in perceptual forms by Max wertheimer.
- Neurosis and Human growth by Karen Horney.
- A biographical sketch on an infant by Charles Darwin.
- The myth of mental illness by Thomas Sazasz .
- Self analysis by Karen Horney.
- Attitudes and cognitive organization by Fritz Heider.
- A psychological Laboratory by Titchener.
- Conditioned emotional reaction(Famous study of Little Albert) by John B Watson & Ryner.
- Transmission of aggression through imitation of aggressive models by Albert Bandura & Dorothea Ross.